Study Abroad in Tokyo
Learn Japanese in Tokyo with EF!
Tokyo is Japan's most famous city, known for its fast-paced lifestyle and trendiness in fashion and technology. Explore this dynamic, vertical city to appreciate the cutting edge of Japanese culture. Study on the 26th floor of the famous Shibuya cross-tower skyscraper and enjoy the bright, airy classrooms complete with mangificient views of the city.
Study Abroad in Tokyo
EF makes it easy to study Japanese in Tokyo. Just request a brochure through the form at the right to learn how you can start planning your ideal course today.
Learn Japanese at EF Tokyo
(Adults and young adults 16+)
- The brand-new EF school (established January 2013) is fitted with ultra-modern and sleek facilities as well as cutting-edge education technology. Students enjoy multimedia-enabled classrooms, a student café, school-wide Wi-Fi access, and a state-of-the-art student lounge. You'll study Japanese in Tokyo in total comfort!
- EF Tokyo is found in the chic and vibrant Shibuya area. You'll be close to excellent restaurants and trendy coffee shops, as well as lots of shopping. The school also gives you easy access to the subway, meaning the whole city is open to you while you study Japanese in Tokyo.
- The EF Activities Office plans a variety of trips and excursions to keep you busy on weekends and after class. Whether you're checking out a sushi restaurant, cheering for the Yomiuri Giants at Tokyo's baseball stadium, singing karaoke, learning to draw manga, or taking a weekend excursion to see Kyoto, there will always be plenty to keep you busy at EF Tokyo!
- EF students have the opportunity to learn Japanese in Tokyo that is catered to their particular interests. You can choose a Special Interest (SPIN) class that integrates Japanese language and culture into your life, or prepare for the JLPT with an exam preparation course.
- EF offers a number of options to customize your course's intensity and focus it to your needs while you learn Japanese in Tokyo. Choose between our general Japanese language courses and intensive courses, depending on the balance you want to strike between work and play.
Accommodation in Tokyo
EF Tokyo offers you the choice of where to stay. If you want the full cultural immersion experience, choose to stay with an EF host family. These are carefully-selected families who want to share their home, life and culture with you. Or, if you'd prefer to live with EF students from all around the world while you all study abroad in Tokyo, choose to stay in the EF Residence or Japanese-style dormitory.