EF Host Family Tampa Bay Area
EF is bringing international students to the Jacksonville area this summer to study English and experience US culture. Students will arrive in July and depart in August. Students are between 9 and 17 years old and, as a host family, you’ll have the opportunity to help select the student that will live in your home and get a unique cultural experience.
Why become a host family?
- Help a young person from another country realize their dream. Make international friends for life.
- Short-term commitment for a long term cultural gain for your household.
- Open your children’s eyes to a new culture and help them become internationally aware global citizens.
- Encourage cultural awareness and global understanding in your community.
- Host Family’s children have the potential to earn community service hours.
- Earn discounts on your personal travel, as well as discounts on EF Tours and au pair services.
Why choose our programs
- EF Education First is dedicated to encouraging global awareness through cultural exchange and language learning.
- EF provides international students ages 9 to 17 the opportunity to explore another language and culture during short-term summer programs in the USA.
- In these escorted group travel programs, daily language lessons are combined with afternoon activities and sightseeing trips in your local community. We keep students busy Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm. Share your family time with your student each evening and most weekends!
- Host families pick the student they will host.
- Our staff offers 24/7 support and are here to help make this an exceptional experience for our wonderful families and international students.
- We have arranged escorted group travel for over 175,000 international students since 1979.
Host family requirements
Our host families come in all shapes and sizes; single parent households, empty-nesters, couples with no children, and families with small children or with teenagers. They they are expected to provide breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, transportation to a conveniently located meeting point, and, most importantly, a stable, caring environment.