EF Host Family Hawaii
Hawaii is one of EF's most popular destinations. All year long our international language students travel here to experience Hawaii's unique combination of American luxury-resort lifestyle and ancient Polynesian traditions in America’s tropical paradise.
The most visited destination among the islands is Honolulu. Students are drawn here by the unique local culture and identity, as well as the breathtaking nature along the the shores of the Pacific Ocean. Becoming a local host family in Hawaii will provide students with this unforgettable opportunity.
You will experience cultural exchange and open your house to an international student which is a truly giving experience for both parties.
For years our local host families in Honolulu have been welcoming our international language students and providing them with a true local experience. As an EF host family in Honolulu, you will experience cultural exchange and open your house to an international student, which is a truly giving experience for both parties.
Become a host family in Honolulu and give our students the chance to gain insight into local culture and become a vital part of our students’ experiences abroad.
What we offer host families in Hawaii
- We have experienced staff and offer 24/7 support.
- We provide transportation from a convenient meeting point to a local school in Hawaii.
- Our students come fully insured and with their own spending money.
- We know our host families' lives are busy and our local staff do everything they can to make it as easy as possible on the families.
- We have arranged escorted group travel for over 175,000 international students since 1979.
Why become a host family in Hawaii
- You will be able to share the American culture with students from around the world.
- You will expose your children to a new culture and help them become world-savvy.
- You can make international friends for life.
- It is a short term commitment: You can choose to host for three to seven weeks and pick which session works best for your family.
- The students are busy from Monday to Friday: they will spend time with your family in the evenings and a few weekends.
- Your children may earn community service hours.
- You will help make these teenagers' dreams come true!
- EF Education First is dedicated to encouraging global awareness through cultural exchange and language learning for the past 50 years.
Host family requirements
Our host families come in all shapes and sizes; single parent households, empty-nesters, couples with no children, and families with small children or with teenagers. They they are expected to provide breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, and, most importantly, a stable, caring environment.