Learn Spanish abroad
Learn Spanish abroad and experience an exciting trip overseas while greatly improving your linguistic skills. Be it in Spain or Costa Rica, we provide opportunities that are far more interesting than simply studying at home. We combine Spanish classes with activities and free time, thereby showing you how to study Spanish abroad efficiently. Get in touch so we can discuss your course options.
Find programs for your age
Learn Spanish abroadOrder Free Brochure
Why learn Spanish?
Learning Spanish is one of the most useful things you can do for your academic and professional development. Not only, this is one of the languages used by a huge number of people on the planet, but studying Spanish will open doors for you everywhere you go; most important, by learning Spanish, you will train your brain to process information in a new way, which is beneficial because it enhances your neuronal connections.
So why it is important to learn Spanish? Easy:
- there are more than 400 millions Spanish speakers in the world you will be able to communicate with
- only in the US, there are 33 million Spanish speakers with whom you will be able to interact and potentially connect for business
- there are about 30 countries in the world that use Spanish as the official language; knowing this language, you will understand better the culture of all these countries
- it is scientifically proven that learning a language like Spanish - different from English - is highly beneficial for your brain, keeping it young and less prone to aging.
How to learn Spanish?
Whether you're a student who's interested in studying Spanish and gaining international experience, or a professional looking to learn Spanish for business or trade, our programs will improve your skills and broaden your worldview.
By utilizing both classroom and experiential learning techniques, you are able to truly connect to the Spanish language and culture. Spend a day studying in our intensive Spanish language school and then step outside and practice your new Spanish skills with the natives, who better to show you how to learn Spanish?
Frequently asked questions
What is the best way to learn Spanish?
Studying Spanish requires commitment and patience, just like when you learn any other language. And like for many other languages, the best methods are those where you can make the most out of the time you invest in learning.
If you are committed to learning Spanish in a short time, then you want to study Spanish abroad, living for some time in the country where the language is spoken on a daily basis. While you are there, anything you do will be done in Spanish, anything you hear will be in Spanish and you will be forced to communicate in the same language. That is why studying Spanish abroad is the best way to learn it.
What are the best tips to study Spanish fast?
As we previously said the best way would be to study Spanish abroad. However, in addition to this, or ff you cannot travel abroad but still are committed to studying Spanish, here are some tips to very effective:
- have a consistent commitment to learning Spanish: set for yourself a schedule to sit down and learn a bit of grammar each day, possibly with a tutor. This will become a habit for your brain and you will learn Spanish easier.
- listen to podcasts and music in Spanish: use some of your spare time – especially idle time like when you are commuting or you are in the gym – to listen to programs in Spanish, so that you will become familiar with new vocabulary and expressions faster
- use flashcards: you can use these cards (even digital, using an app) to memorize vocabulary and allocate 10 mins of time every day to review new words. You will be surprised how quickly you can learn Spanish words this way.
- leverage on exchange programs: if you cannot travel to another country, why not to have a Spanish-speaking student coming to you! This way you will be able to leave a rewarding experience learning Spanish at the same time.
- watch movies in Spanish: there is a wide variety of movies and series produced in Spanish that you can explore – you only need to pick your favorite genre.
Why study Spanish abroad?
When you study Spanish abroad, you'll be amazed by how quickly you make significant progress. Not only that, but you'll also learn so much about Spain's history and culture. With Spanish language lessons and activities organized by our helpful staff, learning Spanish is easy inside and outside of the classroom.
When you learn Spanish, you'll not only be able to navigate your way through Spain, you'll also be able to communicate in almost every country in South and Central America, all of which include Spanish as an official language. Learning Spanish will help you travel the world with ease and become a true global citizen
What types of Spanish study abroad programs are offered?
Spanish study abroad programs allow you to learn in an international environment and use your new skills in a variety of situations - in class, socially, and in daily life.
Whether you want to study for just a few weeks or you want to stay for several months, we have a Spanish study abroad program for you. We will tailor your Spanish courses according to your needs. For eager travelers, you can even spend a year studying in several of our Spanish schools in Spain and South America, giving you a taste of the different dialects and accents to be found across the Spanish-speaking world.
How long does it take to learn Spanish?
The time it takes to learn Spanish depends on several factors that include your initial knowledge of the language, the type of Spanish course you decide to attend, how often you will attend classes or will be exposed to the Spanish language, and your motivation to learn. On average, it can take as little as a few months to be able to communicate in Spanish, especially if you have a knowledge of other romance languages such as French or Italian.
Where can I study Spanish abroad?
With EF you can study Spanish in several destinations in Europe and Central America. You can choose to:
- Learn Spanish in Spain, the country where the language was born and where you can find countless options for your free time. This country will blow your mind with a rich history, vibrant culture, and modern cities full of students like you.
- Learn Spanish in Costa Rica, the ideal destination if you love beaches, sun, and tropical temperatures all year around. Here you will be able to study Spanish while you enjoy a relaxing vacation.
Can I study Spanish abroad while I gain professional experience?
If you're looking for a way to study Spanish abroad while working as a volunteer, we have the perfect program for you. Our school in Costa Rica places students in local conservation groups for periods from a few weeks to several months. You'll learn about the environmental threats to the rainforests in Costa Rica, and what's being done to prevent them.
You'll also get lots of experience using your Spanish for practical purposes as you communicate with other volunteers, almost all of the native Costa Ricans. You too can make a difference to the world using our Spanish study abroad program!